Tay Tze Hao
Mobile number: +60132756573
Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tay-tze-hao-1307b4ab/
• A highly motivated and independent chemical engineering graduate who takes strong ownership of provided tasks.
• Lead and managed an all-junior team to be the 1st runner-up in a national plant design competition.
• Proven and demonstrated interpersonal skills by selling 2 houses worth almost RM 1 million.
• Displayed open-mindedness by adapting to the different working environments during 6 months internship in Germany by reducing product price by 20%.
• Video CV link is as of follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qFUmFyGwkk.
Team management • Team player • Microsoft Word • Microsoft PowerPoint • AutoCAD • Microsoft Office• Project management • Independent • Strong communicator • Team player
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) May 2015-May 2019
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Hons) (Major in Gas & Petrochemical Engineering) & (Minor in Management)
cph Deutschland. Essen, Germany March 2018-August 2018
A German company that specializes in producing, hot-melt and recyclable casein-based adhesives.
• Reduced cost of diaper pressure-sensitive adhesive by 20%.
• Reduced R&D development period by developing new mechanical and rheological characterization techniques.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Jan 2017-May 2017
Management Consulting intern
• Assisted to manage the process improvement initiative in a Malaysian digital government agency. Our management team has successfully ensured that the initiative is on schedule.
• Assisted the market and operational research team in the planning for Malaysia’s and world’s first of the kind trade initiative. Our research results have been approved to be part of the novel initiative.
Real estate negotiator (Freelancer). Melaka, Malaysia March 2016-March 2017
• Closed 2 house deals worth RM 900k.
• Implemented an online advertising strategy to obtain customers.
Extracurricular Activities & Achievements
1st Runner up in National Chemical Engineering Year 2017
Symposium (NACES) Plant Design Competition
• Won the 1st runner up prize in the National Level NACES Plant Design competition.
• Set up, lead and managed a team of 4 inexperienced juniors to design a plant to produce biohydrogen from Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME) by using the combination of dark and photofermentation.
Axiata Young CEO Development Program (AYCDP) Year 2016-2018
AYCDP is a fully sponsored 3-year long business leadership programme worth RM 50k which selects 72 participants out of 5000+.
• Participated in a project which helped Boost, Axiata’s mobile payment subsidiary to penetrate the mobile payment industry of Nepal.
• Participated in a project to help kickstart e-classroom initiatives in Malaccan schools.
• Participated in several business challenges to help companies solve business problems.
Co-curator of TEDxTAR University College Jan 2015-August 2015
• Co-curated a TEDx conference on my local campus which become an annual event in the college.
• Invited 12 notable speakers from different fields ranging from engineer to e-sports business owner.
Mandarin: Fluent (Speaking, reading), proficient (Writing)
Malay Language: Fluent (Speaking, reading), proficient (Writing)
German Language: Intermediate (B1)